Deploy Folding Table of contents
So you want to stay active, but you don’t want to miss out on your favorite TV show? We’re here to tell you: you can do both! Here are 6 exercises you can do while watching TV that can help you stay fit while having some fun.
Keep Fit with TV: 6 Exercises to Try
To get the most out of your TV-watching workout, you’ll need to pick exercises that keep your muscles engaged as you watch. Simple exercises like squats and calf raises can be effective, but if you want to get more out of your routine, there are more options.
- Crunches: Crunching doesn’t require any equipment and can be done from the comfort of your couch. Choose a comfortable position, like lying on the floor, and lift your upper body towards your knees to do a crunch. Alternate between side crunches, reverse crunches, and regular crunches.
- Lunges: You can do lunges as you watch your show by standing in one spot and alternating between stepping forward with your right foot and your left foot. Make sure you keep your back straight and your torso upright to get the most out of your exercise.
- Tricep Dips: Get your triceps in shape with tricep dips. Just hold onto the edge of a couch or a chair, bend your arms, and then straighten them out. This exercise works your arms and chest as you watch.
- Push-Ups: Push-ups are a great exercise to do while watching TV. Just be sure to pick a spot on the floor that’s comfortable and do as many push-ups as you can manage. Make sure your arms and back are straight and your neck is in line with your spine as you do the exercise.
- Planks:Planks are an effective exercise you can do while watching TV. Just position yourself in a prone position with your arms and legs extended. Make sure your legs are slightly wider than your shoulders and hold the position until your muscles start to tense.
- Wall Sits: Wall sits are a fantastic way to work your lower body. Place your back against a wall and slide your body down until your knees are at a 90-degree angle. Hold the position for as long as you can and then slide back up.
Exercise While You Unwind: Simple Moves for Your Couch
For those who prefer to stay in one spot, there are still a lot of exercises you can do on your couch. You can do modified squats and calf raises while seated, and you can even do some arm and shoulder exercises to get your upper body toned.
- Arm Raises: Arm raises are great for toning your upper body. Just sit in a comfortable position, hold your arms out to your sides, and then lift them up and down. This works your shoulder muscles and can help you stay fit as you watch your show.
- Leg Lifts: You can do leg lifts to work your core, even while sitting on the couch. Sit in a comfortable position, hold your legs up in the air, and then lower them and repeat. This exercise works your abdominal muscles and can be a great way to stay fit.
- Calf Raises: To get your lower body in shape while you watch TV, do calf raises. Just sit comfortably on your couch, lift your heel up, and then lower it back down. Make sure to keep your back straight and your torso upright to get the most out of the exercise.
Shape Up in Style: Get Moving During TV Time
If you want to work on your body while you watch your show, there are plenty of exercises you can do. From squats to planks, you can do a variety of exercises that can keep you fit without having to leave the couch.
- Squats: To do squats, stand up with your feet shoulder-width apart and then lower your body until your thighs are parallel with the floor. Make sure you keep your back straight and your torso upright to get the most out of the exercise.
- Jumping Jacks: Jumping jacks exercise both your upper and lower body. Stand with your feet together and your arms by your sides. Then jump and spread your legs out as you raise your arms above your head. Repeat the exercise as you watch your show.
- Mountain Climbers: Mountain climbers are a great way to get your heart rate up while you watch TV. Just get into a plank position, move your legs in and out like you’re running in place, and repeat the exercise. This works your arms and core, and can help you stay fit.
Multitask with a Workout: Ways to Stay Active in Front of Your Screen
Exercising while you watch TV can help you stay fit and healthy, but it can also be a great way to multitask. With the right exercises, you can get your body in shape without having to dedicate time to exercise.
- Jump Rope: Jumping rope is one of the best ways to stay active while watching TV. This exercise works both your upper and lower body and can help you stay fit as you watch your show.
- Yoga: Practicing yoga while you watch TV can help you work on your flexibility and posture. It’s also a great way to relax and unwind as you watch your favorite show.
- HIIT: High-intensity interval training (HIIT) is a great way to get your heart rate up while you watch TV. Choose exercises like sprints, burpees, and jump squats and do them for a few minutes at a time.
With these 6 exercises, you can stay fit and healthy while watching your favorite show. The key is to find exercises that work for you and to stick with them. Once you’ve established a routine, you can work out while you watch TV and stay in shape without having to dedicate extra time to exercise.
There are a number of ways to stay active while watching TV. From simple exercises to more involved workouts, there’s something for everyone. All you need to do is put on your favorite show and start moving!
Stay in Shape: Tips for TV-Viewing Exercise
To make the most out of your TV-watching workout, there are a few tips you should keep in mind. Make sure you warm up properly before you start your exercises and give yourself time to cool down afterwards. Additionally, remember to drink plenty of water, keep your posture and form in check, and listen to your body. Finally, don’t forget to have fun and enjoy your show!
With these tips, you can stay fit and healthy while watching TV. You don’t have to dedicate extra time to exercise and you can still get a great workout. So grab your remote and start exercising!
Exercising while you watch TV can be a great way to multitask and get your body in shape. From simple exercises you can do on your couch to more intense workouts, there are plenty of ways to stay active while watching TV. All you need to do is find exercises that work for you, stick with them, and make sure you’re listening to your body. With these tips, you can stay fit and healthy while watching your favorite show.
- Brantley, J. (2020). 10 Easy Exercises You Can Do While Watching TV. Men’s Health.
- Thompson, M. (2020). 10 Exercises You Can Do While Watching TV. Verywellfit.
- Stankiewicz, K. (2015). Simple Exercises You Can Do While Watching TV. Livestrong.